Mini Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
"Orange peel, cinnamon and coconut season this delightfully different potato dish," says field editor Bob Breno of Strongsville, Ohio. "Since it's tasty and nutritious, it's one of my favorite holiday recipes for two."
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Place in a bowl; mash. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, raisins, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-cup baking dish. Toss coconut with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p11
Reviews for Mini Sweet Potato Casserole(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >