Mini Spinach Frittatas Recipe
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place a pepperoni slice in each of 24 greased mini-muffin cups; fill three-fourths full with cheese mixture.
- 2. Bake 20-25 minutes or until completely set. Carefully run a knife around sides of muffin cups to loosen frittatas. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
3 mini frittatas equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Spinach Frittatas
"I made this recipe using low-fat ricotta, baby Bella 'shrooms & turkey pepperoni. Yummy!!!"
"I have included these in two guest brunches now and they have been the favorite part of the meal both times!"
"Is this really supposed to be just one egg? Whenever I make frittata, I usually use about 6-8 eggs."
"These are quick and delicious. Perfect with soup."
"Very easy and tasty. I baked mine in a brownie pan and it worked well."
"These are FANTASTIC! Very easy and so tasty, you'll be tempted to eat them all."
"I left out the mushrooms and added feta instead..very good."
"These were great, even though I didn't use any spinach (didn't have any); I increased the mushrooms, added minced onions and pepperoni to make up the bulk difference. I made the filling (except the egg) the night before, so whipping them up for lunch the next day was a cinch!"
"My husband, two year old daughter and the rest of my family absolutely love these. I always have to make a double batch because they eat them as fast as i make them."
"Made this for some ladies at church. Didn't quite go over that well. I didn't care much for the taste either. I liked the idea of the pepperoni bottom, but didn't taste it much. The ricotta is very overpowering. I might use the pepperoni idea for mini spinach quiches (more of an egg dish). I did use my mini pampered chef scoop and it made it easy and perfect sizes. No mess!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.