Roasted sweet potatoes and marinated shrimp combine for a delicious party starter—especially when you thread them onto skewers and pop them on the grill!—Paul Wargaski, Chicago, Illinois
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp (about 3/4 lb.), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes (about 24 cubes). Toss with 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 20-25 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and the remaining oil and chili powder until blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 20 minutes.
- On each of 12 soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread sweet potato and shrimp. Brush reserved marinade over kabobs; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp & Sweet Potato Appetizer Kabobs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Mini Shrimp & Sweet Potato Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review