Mini Scallop Casseroles Recipe
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery, mushrooms, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; add scallops. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Divide mixture among four 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle over scallop mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 332 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Mini Scallop Casseroles
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.