- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Sausage Quiches
Sort By :
"I would like to make the breakfast mini quiches But I am gluten intolerant. What can I use in substitute for the crescent roils ?"
"Seems great can't wait to try it!"
"These were definitely a hit at the brunch baby shower today! I could only get around 30 out of the can of crescent rolls which meant I had filling left over. No worries saved the excess filling for us to make a few more for a quick breakfast."
"Another hit for Christmas breakfast, made ahead then froze and taken out of the freezer first thing in the morning and placed in an oven on low, made in regular muffins tins, yum yum, I made it with ricotta."
"Big hit in our home on Christmas Day! A little tedious, but yummy!"