These bite-size quiches are loaded with sausage and cheese, plus their crescent roll base makes preparation a breeze. Serve the cute "muffinettes" at any brunch or potluck gathering. —Jan Mead, Milford, Connecticut
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced chives. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Quiches in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Sausage Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review