Mini Sausage Pizzas
Janice Garvert dresses up English muffins with sausage and cheese to make these handheld breakfast pizzas. "My husband and son really enjoy them in the morning," remarks the Plainville, Kansas cook.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 English muffins, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain well. In a small bowl, beat the cheese, butter and
- pepper until blended. Stir in the sausage. Spread on cut sides of
- Wrap individually and freeze for up to 2 months, or place on a baking
- sheet and bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen pizzas: Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at
- 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 277 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.