Janice Garvert dresses up English muffins with sausage and cheese to make these handheld breakfast pizzas. "My husband and son really enjoy them in the morning," remarks the Plainville, Kansas cook.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 English muffins, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well. In a small bowl, beat the cheese, butter and pepper until blended. Stir in the sausage. Spread on cut sides of muffins.
- Wrap individually and freeze for up to 2 months, or place on a baking sheet and bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen pizzas: Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Pizzas in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p45
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mini Sausage Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review