Mini Sausage Lasagna Recipe
The home economists in our Test Kitchen created this tasty mini lasagna. It strikes a perfect balance between cheese and tomato flavors.
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cut 3 noodles widthwise in halt. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan and seasonings; set aside.
- 2. Spread 3 tablespoons meat sauce in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with two large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with sauce. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 631 calories, 36 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 1,223 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC