The home economists in our Test Kitchen created this tasty mini lasagna. It strikes a perfect balance between cheese and tomato flavors.
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut 3 noodles widthwise in halt. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan and seasonings; set aside.
- Spread 3 tablespoons meat sauce in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with two large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with sauce. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Lasagna in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p203
Reviews for Mini Sausage Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"This is not bad, but a 1/2 pound of sausage is too much. A tablespoon each of herbs is also a lot. Is this a misprint, meant to be a teaspoon?"