The home economists in our Test Kitchen created this tasty mini lasagna. It strikes a perfect balance between cheese and tomato flavors.
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut 3 noodles widthwise in halt. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan and seasonings; set aside.
- Spread 3 tablespoons meat sauce in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with two large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with sauce. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Lasagna in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p203
Reviews for Mini Sausage Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"This is not bad, but a 1/2 pound of sausage is too much. A tablespoon each of herbs is also a lot. Is this a misprint, meant to be a teaspoon?"