Mini Sausage Bundles Recipe
- 1/2 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 12 whole chives, optional
- Crumble the sausage into a large nonstick skillet; add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cheese; cool slightly.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; coat with cooking spray. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo: coat with cooking spray. (Until ready to use, keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Cut widthwise into three 4-in. strips, discarding trimmings. Top each with 2 rounded tablespoons of sausage mixture; fold bottom and side edges over filling and roll up. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Tie a chive around each bundle if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Sausage Bundles
Sort By :
I made these for a tapas party and they were fantastic! It was clumsy at first working with the phyllo dough and rolling up the bundles, but once I figured it out it went fast. Super delicious little pockets of flavor!
I changed this recipe up a bit - but we did really like the final result. I used ground beef instead of sausage. Perhaps in doing so the meat mixture seemed pretty bland. So, I added about 1/4 teaspoon of the following extra seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and a dash of red pepper flakes. This seemed to jazz up the dish a lot more. I paired this recipe with rice & baked green beans and added a brown gravy. Yum!