- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon loaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Salmon Loaf
"Delicious. I made this loaf and served it with a salad for lunch. Perfect for two. I made a cream sauce instead of the dill sauce. Thank you, Patricia, for sharing this recipe."
"We really enjoy this little salmon loaf. Perfect for two people. I served it with roasted potatoes in garlic butter. So good. I halved the dill sauce as it makes lots."
"This was amazing!! Perfect texture and makes for a great lunch (I was able to get four meals out of one loaf) In order to lighten it up, I made the sauce with 2 percent Greek yogurt. The sauce turned out great and was way lighter! I also did not cook the veggies in that much oil and I used a whole grain bread. The sauce recipe makes lots"
"This is amazing and i have made it many times!! It is always a hit!!"
"I haven't tried the recipe- there are too many calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium in the recipe! If I do, I'd emit the salt, use whole grain panko instead of the bread crumbs, use reduced fat mayo (or tofunaise) for the mayo, and nonfat Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. That should really lighten it up! Hmm, I wonder if I could substitute tuna for the salmon in this recipe, or mackerel..."
"This looks good but 884 calories are too many.Editors can you help me lighten it?"
"Loved this recipe! The two servings were very generous. The dill sauce was the perfect accompaniment!"