Mini Rum Cakes
My mother and I tried many different types of rum cake to find the best one, and finally hit on this cake that doesn't dry out and imparts the most flavor. For a really moist cake, brush rum over the individual sponge cakes before topping them with the filling. —Dona M. Hoffman, Addison, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; stir in
- extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with pudding. Garnish with
- whipped topping and raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.