Mini Rum Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; stir in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with pudding. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cake: 238 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Mini Rum Cakes
"My 10 year old picked this recipe to try making dessert. I think it's an excellent recipe for beginners, however she was the only one in the house who liked it. Might have been better without the store-bought sponge cakes, but I won't make again."
"This is quick and easy to make, but not outstanding in taste, even after I brushed rum on the cakes. I probably won't make it again."
"Simple. Delicious with strawberries or rasberries."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.