Mini Rum Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; stir in extract. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with pudding. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mini Rum Cakes
Sort By :
My 10 year old picked this recipe to try making dessert. I think it's an excellent recipe for beginners, however she was the only one in the house who liked it. Might have been better without the store-bought sponge cakes, but I won't make again.
This is quick and easy to make, but not outstanding in taste, even after I brushed rum on the cakes. I probably won't make it again.
Simple. Delicious with strawberries or rasberries.