Mini Rice Cake Snacks
Our Test Kitchen staff had a ball dressing up sweet bite-size rice cakes with a simple spread and colorful fruits. Try them with a combination of your favorite flavors.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 24 miniature honey-nut or cinnamon-apple rice cakes
- 2 medium fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons mandarin orange segments
- 3 tablespoons pineapple tidbits
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and marmalade until
- blended. Spread over rice cakes; top with fruit. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 rice cakes) equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.