- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef roast
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Stir in meat, sauerkraut, soup, 1 cup cheese, milk and salad dressing; heat through. Transfer to four greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, toss bread cubes with butter and onion powder. Arrange over tops. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mini Reuben Casseroles
"I want to make this, but I don't have the mini ramekins. Can I make in a 9 inch square pan? And would the cooking time be different?"
"Haven't tried recipe but sounds good but useing leftover corned beef. Will make review after I try but wanted to comment on ads, I tried what charlene said and still got ads. It does use more ink for all that."
"charlenepaugustyn - at the right of the recipe, there is an icon marked "print" - click on that, it will take you to a page that is just the recipe and the picture; you can print from that page, and you get no ads."
"PLEASE, PLEASE, give us a way to delete the ad on the right side, when you go to print a recipe off. It is using up all my colored ink for an ad that should not have to be printed. Thanks"
"Delicious. (Used a beef pastrami in place of the roast beef.) My initial thought was that mixing all of the ingredients would blur together, but was pleasently pleased that each ingredient had held onto it's own flavor. Have made this twice this month! A crowd pleaser!"
"This dish was so "Simple and Delicious." My 12 yr old grandson loved it, too. I have just added this to my list of favorites. For the rye bread, I made the "Rustic Rye Bread" recipe found in "Healty Cooking", Feb/Mar 2010. It really helped to make the dish special."