Mini Reuben Casseroles Recipe
These cute and creamy individual roast beef casseroles have the classic flavors of a Reuben sandwich. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef roast
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Stir in meat, sauerkraut, soup, 1 cup cheese, milk and salad dressing; heat through. Transfer to four greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, toss bread cubes with butter and onion powder. Arrange over tops. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 650 calories, 41 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,782 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC