- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef roast
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Stir in meat, sauerkraut, soup, 1 cup cheese, milk and salad dressing; heat through. Transfer to four greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, toss bread cubes with butter and onion powder. Arrange over tops. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mini Reuben Casseroles
"I want to make this, but I don't have the mini ramekins. Can I make in a 9 inch square pan? And would the cooking time be different?"
"Haven't tried recipe but sounds good but useing leftover corned beef. Will make review after I try but wanted to comment on ads, I tried what charlene said and still got ads. It does use more ink for all that."
"charlenepaugustyn - at the right of the recipe, there is an icon marked "print" - click on that, it will take you to a page that is just the recipe and the picture; you can print from that page, and you get no ads."
"PLEASE, PLEASE, give us a way to delete the ad on the right side, when you go to print a recipe off. It is using up all my colored ink for an ad that should not have to be printed. Thanks"