Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups whipped topping
- 12 cubes angel food cake (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1. Press raspberries through a strainer and discard seeds and pulp. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Divide raspberry mixture in half. Stir orange juice into one portion; set aside. Place remaining mixture in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Divide angel food cake among four small cocktail glasses or dessert dishes. Layer each with a scant tablespoon of reserved raspberry-orange mixture and 1/3 cup creamy mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 143 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits
"teatreats: raspberry desserts are always the last to be eaten so glad to know this was made with another flavor!! Thanks so much!! because it sounds yummy!!"
"Very very good. My husband like it and he dont like much. Mrs D.H."
"just absolutely wonderful"
"Very tasty,easy & fast. I have made a similiar dessert with strawberries.For this one, I place cubed cake in bowl first,divide boiled puree, pour half over cake, fold in whipped topping, chill until ready to serve. The other half I add cranberry juice rather then orange juice,place in fridge until ready.In the 4 dishes place scant of puree in bottom, place the cake mixture in, add more puree, top with dollop of whipped cream and berry, or just berry, or more puree sauce. The cake when mixed in absorbs the puree and it's not in chunks, more like mousse. Wonderful dessert in my tea room."