Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits Recipe
Sweet, tart and delicious, this elegant recipe is the perfect finish to a special meal. Better still, the parfaits can be made ahead of time for easy entertaining. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups whipped topping
- 12 cubes angel food cake (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1. Press raspberries through a strainer and discard seeds and pulp. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Divide raspberry mixture in half. Stir orange juice into one portion; set aside. Place remaining mixture in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Divide angel food cake among four small cocktail glasses or dessert dishes. Layer each with a scant tablespoon of reserved raspberry-orange mixture and 1/3 cup creamy mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 parfait equals 143 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC