Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups whipped topping
- 12 cubes angel food cake (1/2-inch cubes)
- Press raspberries through a strainer and discard seeds and pulp. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide raspberry mixture in half. Stir orange juice into one portion; set aside. Place remaining mixture in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- Divide angel food cake among four small cocktail glasses or dessert dishes. Layer each with a scant tablespoon of reserved raspberry-orange mixture and 1/3 cup creamy mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits(5)
Sort By :
This was absolutely delicious! I used real whipping cream instead of the fake stuff and didn't add sugar. It was not too sweet which we all liked. I served it for dessert after our Christmas dinner and it was "just right".
teatreats: raspberry desserts are always the last to be eaten so glad to know this was made with another flavor!! Thanks so much!! because it sounds yummy!!
Very very good. My husband like it and he dont like much. Mrs D.H.
just absolutely wonderful
Very tasty,easy & fast. I have made a similiar dessert with strawberries.For this one, I place cubed cake in bowl first,divide boiled puree, pour half over cake, fold in whipped topping, chill until ready to serve. The other half I add cranberry juice rather then orange juice,place in fridge until ready.In the 4 dishes place scant of puree in bottom, place the cake mixture in, add more puree, top with dollop of whipped cream and berry, or just berry, or more puree sauce. The cake when mixed in absorbs the puree and it's not in chunks, more like mousse. Wonderful dessert in my tea room.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >