Sweet, tart and delicious, this elegant recipe is the perfect finish to a special meal. Better still, the parfaits can be made ahead of time for easy entertaining. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups whipped topping
- 12 cubes angel food cake (1/2-inch cubes)
- Press raspberries through a strainer and discard seeds and pulp. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide raspberry mixture in half. Stir orange juice into one portion; set aside. Place remaining mixture in a small bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- Divide angel food cake among four small cocktail glasses or dessert dishes. Layer each with a scant tablespoon of reserved raspberry-orange mixture and 1/3 cup creamy mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p14
Reviews for Mini Raspberry Mousse Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review