- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash each salt, ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, heat half-and-half and heavy cream until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
- Remove cream from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin, syrup and vanilla.
- Transfer to eight stoneware demitasse cups or 2-oz. ramekins. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes for demitasse cups and 20-25 minutes for ramekins or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove cups from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours. Garnish with whipped cream and additional nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mini Pumpkin Custards
"Will be making this for our Thanksgiving feast!"
"Great, quick custard recipe. I upped the pumpkin puree to 2/3 cup (we LOVE pumpkin), and did half honey, half syrup. Instead of whipped cream, I sprinkled the tops with sugar and torched them for creme brulee. Book marking for sure!"