Mini Pumpkin Cakes Recipe
I saw these cute cakes at a local grocery store and decided to make my own version at home. They’re a hit at any fall gathering.
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Green food coloring
- 4 Tootsie Rolls (2-1/4 ounces and 6 inches each), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in walnuts. Spoon 1/2 cupfuls into 12 greased miniature fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, water and maple flavoring until smooth. Tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Place wire racks with cakes over waxed paper. Spoon half of the glaze evenly over tops and sides of cakes, letting excess drip off. Let stand until glaze is set. Repeat with remaining glaze.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and water until smooth; tint green. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting. Pipe vines on the pumpkins. For stem, insert a Tootsie Roll piece in the center of each pumpkin. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 813 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 152 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC