My family’s favorite holiday dessert is a real Southern treat. A warm praline sauce and sprinkling of pecans make each small pound cake even more decadent. —Diane Roark, Conway, Arkansas
Featured In: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and butter until well blended. Gradually stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Transfer to six greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cakes; top with pecans. Yield: 6 loaves (3 slices each).
Originally published as Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Praline Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p149
Reviews for Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Praline Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review