Mini Poppy Seed Loaves Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, peel and baking soda. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 slice: 190 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mini Poppy Seed Loaves
"I was looking for a recipe that made a moist muffin with great flavour, and this was it! So good, especially fresh, and the almond really adds to the taste. My new favourite muffin! I may play with the basic recipe and add different flavours."