Mini Poppy Seed Loaves Recipe
Each Christmas, I make plates of goodies for the neighbors. I try to include a few items that aren't as sweet as traditional cookies and candies these mini loaves really fit the bill!
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, peel and baking soda. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
Originally published as Mini Poppy Seed Loaves in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p16
Reviews for Mini Poppy Seed Loaves(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
I was looking for a recipe that made a moist muffin with great flavour, and this was it! So good, especially fresh, and the almond really adds to the taste. My new favourite muffin! I may play with the basic recipe and add different flavours.