Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 pecan halves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 6-in. round baking pan. Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer in pan; place cherries and pecans in center of pineapple slices.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Beat in the egg, milk, reserved pineapple juice and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 353 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
"I have a 6-inch cast iron skillet that is perfect for making this cake. I have made it several times and it is perfect for a couples dinner or for the 2 of us with leftovers the next day."
"It was a tight squeeze getting the four pineapple slices in the cake pan, and one ended up more oval than round, but this was still tasty. My husband and I both agree that it's not as rich as my "full-size" upside down cake, but we thought it made a nice treat for just two people."