Mini Phyllo Tacos Recipe
For a winning appetizer, serve crispy phyllo cups filled with taco-seasoned ground beef and zesty shredded cheese. The handheld munchies are sure to be named MVP of the menu.—Roseann Weston, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese blend.
- 2. Place tart shells in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill with taco mixture.
- 3. Bake 6 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC