For a winning appetizer, serve crispy phyllo cups filled with taco-seasoned ground beef and zesty shredded cheese. The handheld munchies are sure to be named MVP of the menu.—Roseann Weston, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese blend.
- Place tart shells in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill with taco mixture.
Bake 6 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Phyllo Tacos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p216
Reviews for Mini Phyllo Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review