Mini Pepper Corn Muffins Recipe
Mini Pepper Corn Muffins, from Lucy Fouts of Jacksonville, Texas, make a cute accompaniment to almost any meal. These golden bite-size gems are enhanced by flecks of red and green pepper.
- 2 tablespoons each diced sweet red and green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until tender; cool slightly. In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and peppers until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 6-9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
3 each: 117 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mini Pepper Corn Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC