I put these pear crisps on the grill to cook while everyone enjoys the day's more savory foods. They're always a hit because they're comforting and fun to eat. &dmash;Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Divide the pears among eight greased 4-1/2-in. disposable foil tart pans. Sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill crisps, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mini Pear Crisps in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p25
Reviews for Mini Pear Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review