We love finger foods in the South. For a party, I make mini burgers in advance, then wrap, bake and serve them with assorted sauces. —Monica Flatford, Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (about 4 ounces), quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place beef in a small bowl; sprinkle with dressing mix and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk egg with water. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut pastry into four 6-in. squares; cut squares in half to make eight rectangles. Place a burger on one end of each rectangle; top with cheese. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold pastry over burger to enclose; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mini Party Burgers in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p20
Reviews for Mini Party Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2015
"We loved these little burgers!"