Our Test Kitchen staff created these pretty layered gelatin molds using half a package of gelatin. You can use the other half to make plain gelatin (with half the water) or save to use up in another downsized dessert.
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon orange gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Set aside 3 tablespoons gelatin mixture at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Set aside six mandarin oranges for garnish and pat dry. Fold the remaining oranges into partially set gelatin. Divide between two individual fluted tube pans coated with cooking spray; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup whipped topping and reserved gelatin until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin molds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Invert molds onto a plate; garnish with remaining whipped topping and reserved oranges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Orange Gelatin Molds in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p63
Reviews for Mini Orange Gelatin Molds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review