Surprise-there's ice cream inside! With fancy looks and decadent flavor, this recipe's a real showstopper. Kids and adults will love this scaled-down classic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 foil muffin liners
- 4 chocolate wafers
- 1 cup reduced-fat strawberry ice cream
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flatten muffin liners; place on a baking sheet. Place a wafer on each. Scoop 1/4 cup of ice cream onto each wafer; freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar; beat on low speed with a portable mixer for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer; immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of wafers. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until meringues are lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini Neapolitan Baked Alaskas in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p15
Reviews for Mini Neapolitan Baked Alaskas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review