Mini Mushroom Tarts Recipe
These little tarts are filled with a fabulous vegetable mixture. They are a great to nosh on when circulating around at a party.—Jacki Milazzo, Bonita, California
- 2-1/2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrot, celery, onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs and reserved cooking liquid.
- 3. Fill each tart shell with 2 teaspoons filling. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 45 tarts.
1 appetizer equals 32 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC