Mini Muffuletta Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 2. Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
- 3. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 119 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Mini Muffuletta
"I love this recipe! I have been making it for a few years now and always get many compliments! The only change I made is that I don't add the Mozzarella. I think the provolone cheese is enough."
"I've made a similar recipe out of a large round of bread. I love the idea of smaller bites!! I also place a heavy pan or dishes on top of them to "press" the sandwiches. Thanks so much for posting!"
"I have made this many times, excellent make-ahead item for parties. Sometimes I add a little mayo and mustard to the top layer only for flavor. They're always a hit!"
"What would there be 'not' to like about these?? This recipe is definately going in my 'recipe box'!!Kitzer ~ >^..^< ~ meow"
"Like the idea of this make ahead muffuletta.Will make it for Easter snacks."
"I found that making the Muffuletta with real cheeses and the meats it was too expensive. But I thought of a few ideas and I find that corned beef sliced thick makes a great substitute along with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese... I would DEFINATELY make this again whenever I have unexpected guests over. It's a great recipe that everyone loves!"
"these look delish!!! i havn't made them yet!!! next time a shower comes up at our church these will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"