Mini Molded Salads Recipe
My homemaker club is proud to say we've never served a dish more than once at our monthly meetings. That's quite an accomplishmentconsidering we've been together 43 years! They're still talking about this one-of-a-kind salad.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- SHRIMP SAUCE:
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Chill until syrupy, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon cream in a bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in the celery, olives and gelatin. Pour into seven 6-oz. custard cups or molds coated with cooking spray; chill until firm.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Chill. Unmold salads onto individual plates. Serve with sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Mini Molded Salads in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p70
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Molded Salads(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >