Mini Microwave Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Place beef mix in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, onion and Italian seasoning. Mix well; shape into a loaf.
- 2. Place in a microwave-safe shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. Place remaining tomato sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 15 seconds or until heated through. Pour over meat loaf. Yield: 1 serving.
1 meat loaf equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,084 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.