Mini Mexican Quiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until well blended. Shape into 24 balls; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Press balls onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of chilies into each shell. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Spoon into shells.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 320 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Mexican Quiches
"Followed recipe exactly, made no modifications. The dough is easy to work with & I got 24 balls. This was fully cooked in 30 mins & looked beautiful when done. But family & friends felt the filling was lacking flavor. Any suggestions?"
"This recipe is very blah as is. Adding salsa was a must b/c it was flavorless without it. I made these for a NY Day party. My sis-in-law was the only one who ate them."
"Loved this little quiches. I served them with chili instead of cornbread."
"Super yummy!! I didn't have green chilies on hand when I made this recipe so I used fresh red bell pepper! It was excellent! The red color makes this a festive appetizer for the holidays - or add both the red and the green for more pizazz!"
"Made these for my work-mates and they really loved them - Nice recipe that isn't hard to make, but tastes great"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.