Mini Mexican Quiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; beat until well blended. Shape into 24 balls; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Press balls onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of chilies into each shell. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Spoon into shells.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
3 each: 320 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Mini Mexican Quiches
"Followed recipe exactly, made no modifications. The dough is easy to work with & I got 24 balls. This was fully cooked in 30 mins & looked beautiful when done. But family & friends felt the filling was lacking flavor. Any suggestions?"
"This recipe is very blah as is. Adding salsa was a must b/c it was flavorless without it. I made these for a NY Day party. My sis-in-law was the only one who ate them."
"Loved this little quiches. I served them with chili instead of cornbread."
"Super yummy!! I didn't have green chilies on hand when I made this recipe so I used fresh red bell pepper! It was excellent! The red color makes this a festive appetizer for the holidays - or add both the red and the green for more pizazz!"
"Made these for my work-mates and they really loved them - Nice recipe that isn't hard to make, but tastes great"