"This main dish is a favorite for church suppers," comments Janet Hyson of Pasadena, Maryland. The individual meat loaves get spark from chili sauce, ketchup and horseradish. "I like to keep extras on hand for a fast meal," she adds.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves, about 5 in. x 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spoon half over the top and sides of loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve immediately; or cool, wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 6 meat loaves (1-2 servings each).
Originally published as Mini Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p62
Reviews for Mini Meat Loaves with Chili Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
"I have made this many times. I love meat loaf. I think this is my favorite!"