"This main dish is a favorite for church suppers," comments Janet Hyson of Pasadena, Maryland. The individual meat loaves get spark from chili sauce, ketchup and horseradish. "I like to keep extras on hand for a fast meal," she adds.
Recommended: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves, about 5 in. x 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spoon half over the top and sides of loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve immediately; or cool, wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 6 meat loaves (1-2 servings each).
Originally published as Mini Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p62
Reviews for Mini Meat Loaves with Chili Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
"I have made this many times. I love meat loaf. I think this is my favorite!"