Mini Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 slice bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1. In a bowl, combine bread, carrot, onion, celery, green pepper, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of chili sauce. Add beef and mix well. Shape into a 3-in. x 2-1/2-in. loaf; place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Top with remaining chili sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,183 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.