Mini Maple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Maple syrup sweetens these lovely cinnamon buns. I make the dough in my bread machine before popping the rolls in the oven. My husband prefers them warm. —Juanita Carlsen, North Bend, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- MAPLE ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or bread flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into two 12-in. x 7-in. rectangles. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 3. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in one greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, syrup and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC