“I received this recipe from my dear aunt 20 years ago,” writes Carmen Edwards from Midland, Texas. “It’s my very favorite make-ahead salad and I’m happy to share it.”
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Line a 3-cup serving dish with lettuce. Layer with the onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and peas. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix; spread over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Layered Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p47
Reviews for Mini Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2008
"Fantastic Salad! I used more bacon and added a sliced hard-boiled egg to each salad. I didn't put the dressing on since my husband is a 'french'dressing guy!!!"