Mini Layered Salad Recipe
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Line a 3-cup serving dish with lettuce. Layer with the onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and peas. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix; spread over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.