Mini Key Lime and Coconut Pies Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Slice cookie dough into 18 pieces. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and 1/2-in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, egg yolks and lime peel. Spoon into hot crusts. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Remove pies from muffin cups. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Key Lime and Coconut Pies
"The filling on this is nice, certainly not 5 star rating but not bad at all. Which is why I'm giving this a 3 rather a 2. The use of the store bought cookie dough is what absolutely kills it. It gives it a horrible horrible taste. So much so I've tossed this batch. Do yourself a favor and take an extra 30 minutes to make your own shortbread."
"i haven't tried these yet, but they look delish! does anyone know if they freeze well?"
"These are so tasty and so easy to make!"