Mini Key Lime and Coconut Pies
Savor the flavor of Key Lime Pie with these individual muffin-size treats. They're great when you need to serve a large group.Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Slice cookie dough into 18 pieces. With floured fingers, press onto
- the bottom and 1/2-in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, egg yolks
- and lime peel. Spoon into hot crusts. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or
- until filling is set. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to
- thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat until soft
- peaks form. Remove pies from muffin cups. Top with whipped cream and
- sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.