Savor the flavor of Key Lime Pie with these individual muffin-size treats. They're great when you need to serve a large group.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Slice cookie dough into 18 pieces. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and 1/2-in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, egg yolks and lime peel. Spoon into hot crusts. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Remove pies from muffin cups. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Coconut Key Lime Pies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p142
Reviews for Mini Key Lime and Coconut Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review