Mini Italian Meat Loaves
This was one of the first recipes I tried as a new wife many years ago. These single-serving loaves have been a super hit ever since. I like to serve them with pasta or mashed potatoes.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian tomato sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon tomato sauce over loaves.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve
- with pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.