This was one of the first recipes I tried as a new wife many years ago. These single-serving loaves have been a super hit ever since. I like to serve them with pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian tomato sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon tomato sauce over loaves.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mini Italian meat Loaves in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p26
Reviews for Mini Italian Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2011
"Unfortunately, the flavor in these mini meat loaves was too plain for me."
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2008
"this recipe is a wonderful family favorite, everyone loves it. Quick and easy to make for mom also"