This was one of the first recipes I tried as a new wife many years ago. These single-serving loaves have been a super hit ever since. I like to serve them with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Recommended: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian tomato sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon tomato sauce over loaves.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mini Italian meat Loaves in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p26
Reviews for Mini Italian Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review