Mini Italian Herb Bread
"I like to plan an Italian meal around this delicious bread," writes Mary Schneider of Aurora, Colorado. "I also take several loaves to our charity bake sale, and they're gone in minutes."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick-rise yeast
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake
- according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes
- of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just For Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,