Mini Italian Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 36 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Mini Italian Biscuits
"So easy and perfect with any pasta and sauce! Great to sop up extra sauce left on your plate.....yummy!!!!!!"
"Please note: I revised this recipe and I used: 1 cup of shredded 6-cheese Italian blend. I was able to use the basil and oregano (DRIED) in these biscuits and I also crushed the herbs between my hands to release the flavor! I soured 2/3 cup whole milk with 1 Tbsp cider vinegar and stirred into the batter, using a mixing spoon, rather than a fork! I dropped by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and I baked at 450o F. for just 7 minutes!I'd used 1 tsp. Italian seasoning the last time! I did use the garlic powder the first time I'd made these biscuits and I made them 10/10/14 also for a wedding shower! Elaine Whiting, THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe for these little biscuit bites! They're great!delowenstein"
"These are fantastic! Doesn't take rocket science to make! The family is crazy about them :)"